Choosing the right cake size
Choosing the right sized cake is not something to worry about. If you are organising a party you probably have enough to think about already, so let's make this simple.We at cakesnextday.com try and advise square cakes where ever possible for these three reasons:
- So much easier to cut the cake up into regular portions.
- More cake and less sugar paste.
- Usually one third of the price of a shaped cake!
We work on 2 inches square of cake per person (5cm x 5cm x 8cm).
For small children you can halve the above.
On our web site we use the following notation for our cakes.
Cake Size Cake Size (Cms.) Board Size Number of Portions
Small 8 inches 20 10 inches 16 - 20
Medium 10 inches 25 12 inches 25 - 40
Large 12 inches 30 14 inches 36 - 60
Extra Large 14 inches 35 16 inches 50 - 80
16 Inch 16 inches 40 18 inches 65 - 90
18 Inch 18 inches 45 20 inches 80 - 120
- How much other food will you be offering.
- Are you intending everyone has cake?
- Is the cake more for show than eating.
- Do you want some left over for absent guests.
- What is your budget?
If you are still left in any doubt:
call The Cake Team on 0845 3900900 or
email us (firstname.lastname@example.org)